UPDATE – Friday 20th March, 2020
Following the current authorities advice, below is Gympie Church of Christ’s current decisions in regards to COVID19 outbreak. We are strongly encouraging ‘social distancing‘ across all our ministries and have made the following adjustments to our church program.
SUNDAY SERVICE GOING ONLINE
Due to the current advice around social distancing and indoor group restrictions, we will not be coming together for any of our Sunday Service. This will continue for the foreseeable future. We will be making our 9:30am Worship Service available ONLINE through our FACEBOOK LIVE STREAM. Please join together as a family or small group (common sense around good hygiene and health applies) as the service will still include a time of worship, teaching and communion.
This Sunday, we are interrupting our current series and will be looking at “For Such a Time as This“. At a time such as this, there is a significant amount of fear in our society but we continue to worship a God who is sovereign and in control of the situation. We can continue to put our hope and trust in our Heavenly Father. We also believe this will be a time for the Church to be a beacon of light into our communities.
JOIN US ONLINE FOR CHURCH – 9:30am Sunday Mornings
Click here for the live stream – https://www.facebook.com/gympiecofc/
Let us pray together…
Please continue to be in prayer for the unfolding situation. Please be praying for one another and lets continue to pray for the following:
- to be thankful in all circumstances
- pray for protection from and the curbing of COVID-19
- pray for healing over those who are sick
- pray for financial provision for those whose jobs have suddenly stopped because of the outbreak
- pray for the equipping of the Church to be that beacon of light into the community
- pray for wisdom and discernment for the leaders of our nation and our Elders
- pray against the spirit of fear and selfishness
- pray for peace to replace anxiety, depression and suicide
- pray for the Holy Spirit to captivate us and draw us close to the presence of Jesus
Practice good hygiene to protect against infections. Good hygiene includes:
- washing your hands often with soap and water
- using a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- try and stay at least one metre away from people coughing or sneezing.
Dept of Health Resources – https://bit.ly/2wShvwi
Dept of Health Alerts (updated daily) – https://bit.ly/3d55694
World Health Organisation Videos
Gympie Church of Christ